What is the fundraising requirement for riders?
All riders completing the full 3-day ride are asked to raise a minimum of $5,000. Riders who are participating in the 1-day ride experience are asked to raise a minimum of $2,500.
Are there fundraising requirements for drivers?
No, however we always encourage all of our event participants to get involved in fundraising! If you have any questions about how to get started, please get in touch with us.
Can Wellspring help me reach my goal?
Yes! If you are having trouble reaching your goal, please reach out to us so we can help. We can optimize your fundraising page, feature you in Wellspring publications and on social media, and more!
When is the ride?
Bike to Blue takes place on September 21-24 2023.
Where does the ride start?
Where does the ride end?
Blue Mountain Village
What is the format of the ride?
3-day "Gran Fondo-style" long-distance road cycling ride; varying pace groups to accommodate riders of varying cycling goals and abilities:
- Relaxed: 22-25km/hr
- Take it up a notch: 25-32 km/hr
- Feel the need for speed: 32-40km+
How fast and how far do I need to train to be eligible to ride?
We ask that riders be capable of riding 120 km at a minimum speed of 22km/h. We have many resources to support your training plan to make sure you hit your target before launch day.
What type of surfaces will we be riding on?
We try our best to design the route based on the safest and smoothest public tarmac roads available; however, teams may need to navigate rougher roads if no other options are available.
What type of bike do I need?
We recommend using a road bike with road tires for this ride.
Is the ride supported by a follow vehicle?
Where legal, the team riding will have a support van driving behind the group at a safe distance to provide increased visibility to live traffic. The follow car also provides access to the team’s bike tools and supplies and emergency rider support.
What will be the total cumulative distance each participant will ride?
360km over 3 days.
How do participants get home after the ride?
If you are not able to make your own arrangements to get home after the rider, please get in touch with us to discuss your options.
Where does the money I fundraise go?
What impact does my fundraising have?
- Raise $600 and provide 2 families with access to short-term counselling
- Raise $1,000 and provide one person with the opportunity to participate in a 20-week, personalized Cancer Exercise program
- Raise $4,500 and provide 96 individuals with access to 8 sessions of Nourish
How can I learn more about Wellspring?
Follow this link to learn more about Wellspring and its programs.
What is a Champion?
What is required to be a Champion?
- Be a Wellspring ambassador and participate in outreach activities associated with Bike to Blue.
- Help raise funds for the Bike to Blue, "Friends of the Peloton" program to support the event and cancer cause.
- Share their cancer experience during one of the related ride events.